11.15.2010

Baby!

In July of 2006, WE were finally "ready". This really meant that Chip was ready. From the time of the "what if" pregnancy several months before, until that time, I had really gotten 'baby fever'. I had always wanted to be a mom. And when I thought there might be a baby, it just made me want one more. But I digress.

Like I said. WE were finally "ready".

WE had taken OUR year of "just us".

WE had better jobs so that WE could provide.

I should mention, that this whole time we definitely recognized that ultimately God is the giver of life. We knew that SHOULD we get pregnant, that it was His plan and that everything would be ok. We *thought* we were seeking His will in this area. We were *trying* to please Him. We WANTED Him to be glorified in us...in our marriage. We were VERY sincere. When I emphasize the "WE" and "OUR" above, I am doing it primarily to note the ways our hearts have been convicted. I am doing it to point out to MYSELF how much I disagree with where I was at. I do it to show myself where selfishness had crept in that I didn't realize existed at the time, but I now feel was very real in my heart at the time.

So anyway...basically, we finally felt comfortable to let things run their natural course...hoping that a baby would be the end result. We didn't try to time anything. We didn't try to stop anything. We just enjoyed each other normally, participating in husbandandwife-ly activities and a short four weeks later we were staring at a test with two pink lines and the exciting yet scary reality that we were less than a year away from changing our lives forever. We were headed into uncharted territory and there was no going back.

No comments:

Post a Comment