11.15.2010

Baby! again

My doctor had told me that most of the time, women who are breastfeeding get a period to let them know they are fertile again. Sometimes this is an "un-fertile" cycle. And typically, even if you DID actually ovulate, the chances of conceiving on very first cycle (or apparently ANY cycle) is statistically only around 25% even if everything is timed "just right".

So I nursed Kenzie and waited for my "warning period". We weren't overly concerned about it, since we had decided that we didn't care how close babies #1 and #2 were anyway. My doctor told me that if I wanted to, I could test every once in awhile, just to make sure I didn't "happen" to get pregnant at the first drop of an egg.

So I stocked up on Dollar Tree tests. And I tested around once a month.

We decided it would be especially fun to test around the holidays. In October, Kenzie would be 6 months old and breastfeeding would be less "reliable".

Halloween came. No period. No baby.

Thanksgiving came. No period. No baby.

Christmas came. No period. BABY!!

Baby #2 was on the way and we couldn't wait. Our babies would be 16 months apart and we couldn't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment